Lot n° 173
15000 - 20000
Result without fees
: 66 000EUR
Large gilded brass medallion to hang, decorated... - Lot 173 - Beaussant Lefèvre & Associés
Large gilded brass medallion to hang, decorated with an Assumption of the Virgin in coral in an enamelled oval and radiating surrounds of coral branches.
Octagonal frame decorated with foliage, cut foliage and heads of cherubs in coral and enamel. Gilded reverse engraved with foliage. In its cheerful leather case.
Sicily, Trapani, early 17th century.
(Accidents and small misses).
Height: 44.5 cm
Width: 34 cm Comparative
- "Coralli talismani sacri e profani" Novecento, Palermo, 1986 (pages 161 and 216 for the same subject and page 248 for an identical frame).
- Nelson G. Seabra Collection, Christie's New York, 2003 (no. 5 for an identical frame).
- De Baecque, Lyon, 15 November 2014, No. 138.
- Aguttes, Neuilly, 28 May 2015, n° 114.
- Collection Manolo March, Christie's Paris, 16 June 2015, n° 44 and 51.
Return to catalogue